In 2015 we released Multifront 8.0, with 8.1 following a few months later. The new upgrades feature a plethora of new features, making the platform more robust than ever. If you’re curious about upgrading your current eCommerce platform or looking to start fresh, familiarize yourself with a few facts about 8.1.
1. Full MVC framework. Multifront is now built with MVC 5 and brings a lean, scalable eCommerce platform. You’ll be able to reuse and maintain the same code, saving your development team a lot of time.
2. Redesigned admin. Our fresh admin is fully responsive, making the user experience clean and user-friendly. Work from the admin on any device–mobile, tablet, or computer.
3. Extension framework. Third party plugins can now be developed by clients, partners, and independent developers. Take your eCommerce functionality to the next level with this framework and fully reap the benefits of a customizable platform.
4. Single page checkout. We’ve added the option for your customers to checkout on a single page. You can still offer step-by-step checkout as well. All of this is managed by the site administrator.
5. Quick order pad. We’ve simplified the online shopping experience even further. Your customers can use the quick order pad to add products directly to the shopping cart for a quick shopping experience.
6. Improved site admin. In addition to a responsive layout, the back end features category tree browsing and visual reporting. You’ll gain even more extensive insight about your eCommerce store.
7. New templates. Our templates are implemented with best practices in mind for search, navigation, and conversion. Don’t worry about meeting Google’s algorithm requirement. Everything is fully responsive and mobile ready.
8. Abandoned cart management. Are you struggling with customers shopping on your site but not completing the transaction? Manage those abandoned carts with Multifront and see those conversions.
These upgrades will take your eCommerce platform to the next level of functionality. You may even see a jump in your SEO with the mobile ready templates. Visit our website to learn more or request a demo.